Our Purpose: ‘Why we are here…’
‘We are a Church that is committed to Bowing Down before God in vibrant worship, Bringing People in to His family, Building People up in Christ-like maturity so we are equipped for Christian service, and Branching Out with the good news of Jesus Christ in our local community’.
- Thankfulness & Praise are the heart of our worship (Col 3:15-17)
- Loving Relationships live at the heart of Christ’s church (Eph 4:2-3)
- God’s Word reveals God’s heart and transforms ours (Hebrews 4:12)
- Faithful Prayer links our heart with the heartbeat of God (Phil 4:6-7)
- A Servant Heart is the basis of our discipleship (Gal 5:13-14)
- Caring for Others expresses Christ’s love (Col 4:2-6)
What We Believe:
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our every day lives.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Thessalonians 2:13
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:26; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Psalm 145:17
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
Romans 5:18, 19
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
John 10:30; 1 Timothy 2:5, 6; Hebrews 4:15; Romans 5:17; Ephesians 1:18-2
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
Acts 2:38; 1 John 1:9; Romans 10:9
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 6:3-7; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfill our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
Ephesians 4:7; Romans 12:4-8; Matt 22:37-39
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
3 John 1:2; Genesis 12:2; Joshua 1:6-8
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.