It is with much sadness that we have to announce that we are cancelling all church services and events for the foreseeable future.
The UK government and the Church of England have introduced many new measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19 or coronavirus, including cancelling church services and events.
Virtual All Age Worship No.10 – Sunday 30th May 2020
Alistair Ghinn has also put together a YouTube video playlist in which he hosts an All Age Worship Service. It is well worth watching! It is followed by other resources that may be helpful for the time that we are housebound.
Here’s the YouTube link for our All Age Service service and supporting worksheets:
We do hope it’s a great help and encouragement for you in these extraordinary circumstances. Feel free to forward it on to anyone else.
I’m including on our ‘SUPPORTS’ section of the YouTube playlist, a fun weekly video release that my son Nathan has created for the youth of St Mary’s Fetcham where he’s their youth worker. Feel free to send either Nathan or me any results from the fun challenges he sets.
Plus here’s the excellently Scouts website with over 100 great indoor activites.
Our REDLANDS 2011 years 7 & 8 camp video is also on the playlist 🙂
Did you know there are four Christian Radio Stations broadcasting 24/7. Two are with https://www.premier.org.uk/ Premier and Premier Praise
Plus two with https://www.ucb.co.uk/ UCB 1 and UCB 2
Each week I sift through and filter the vast array of resources being shared on the internet, and this week I’ve attached 4 as listed below.
- Children’s worksheetbased on the week’s lectionary theme: including a word search, crossword, maze and a picture for colouring.
- 6 Unpopular Truths Daughters Need to Learn from Their Fathers
- 7 Biblical Grandparents and the Amazing Lessons They Teach Us
- 10 Most Dangerous Apps That Parents Need to Know
On previous weeks I’ve supplied these articles below… do let me know if you’d like any sent to you.
Summary of Parenting articles available to date
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Coronavirus without Instilling Fear
- 5 Fun Activities to Keep Kids Busy During Quarantine
- 5 Dos and Don’ts of Home schooling Your Older Student During COVID-19
- 6 Expert Tips for Homeschooling During Quarantine
- 5 Steps to Fearless Parenting in the Wake of Coronavirus
- 6 Tips to Make Quarantine Home-schooling Easier and More Rewarding
- 3 Things Kids Need Right Now during COVID-19
- 3 Ways to Have a Grumble-Free Quarantine
- 6 Ways COVID-19 Can Bring Families Together if We Let It
- 4 Ways to Have Less Conflict When Co-Parenting with Grandparents
- How to Quit Trying to Be a Perfect Parent
- 5 Things Your Young Adult Children Still Need from You
- How to Help Your Children Process Their Emotions in a Meaningful Way
- 7 Ways to Respond When Your Teen Son Pushes You Away
- 10 Comforting Bible verses to memorize during the coronavirus quarantine:
- 9 Steps to Care for Your Mental Health during the Coronavirus
- 10 Powerful Prayers for Everyone Affected by the COVID-19 Crisis
- 5 Powerful Prayers for Peace amidst Pandemic Fear
- Why Everyone Is Emotionally on Edge Right Now, and Why That’s Okay
- 10 Ways Coronavirus Can Change Your Life for the Better
- Do we really want to revert back to ‘Normal’ after Quarantine
- 7 Gifts Grandparents Can Give Their Grandchildren That No One Else Can
- 4 Surprising Gifts of Quarantine We Can Keep even When It’s Over
- 3 Ways to Stop Yourself from Going Back to “Too Busy” after Quarantine
- 50+ Child friendly Jokes and riddles
- 5 Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
Do get in touch with any feedback or suggestions for future offerings.
If your child would like to video themselves doing a reading or other script etc do get in touch, I’d love to include them in the weekly service.
My plan is to send a fresh emailed offering each week during this Coronavirus, do let me know if you’d like to be removed from this mailing.
Welcome and thank you for visiting St.Leodegar’s church, Hunston. St.Leodegar’s is part of a strong and vibrant village community in the parish of Hunston, south of Chichester.
St. Leodegar’s is a friendly church with a desire to share the love of Jesus with those in Hunston and beyond.
The services during the month offer an opportunity to praise God in different ways.
St Leodegar’s and St Stephen’s (in North Mundham) work closely together as a united benefice.
You are very welcome at any of our services:
1st Sunday – 11:00am Family service
2nd Sunday – 11:00am Holy Communion
3rd Sunday – 10.45am All Age Service with coffee and cake
4th Sunday – 11:00am Holy Communion
5th Sunday – 11:00am Holy Communion
We welcome children to all our services.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.